This post is to say a big THANK YOU to Little night Flower who nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award (super sweet of you!)
This is an award given by one blogger to another to let them know that you enjoy their work and want to help promote them to a wider audience. I've seen this award floating around the blogosphere and I'm so appreciative to have been nominated :) Onto the rules!
- Link back to the person who nominated you (Little Night Flower).
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers
- Create 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
- I am falling more and more in love with blue polishes everyday. I have no idea why...
- I've decided that I need to get an album of the Bee Gee's greatest hits because I just don't have enough cheesy 70's music in my life :D
- I Netflix binge (find shows that have 3 or more seasons and watch every episode). I just finished Cold Blood and have started Arrested Development.
- I'm really really REALLY loving Arrested Development
- I'm currently obsessed with bright/neon polishes. Can't. Get. Enough!
- I'm excited for summer because that means i get to try out all of the awesome salad recipes that I have pinned on Pinterest.
- I'm sleepy. Like all the time. I wish there were more hours in the day. Or maybe I could just be less busy, that could work too.
- I love my jobs! I work with kids and sing my heart out. I have no room to complain (but I do hahaha)
- I want a baby! So so so so badly!! I feel like my husband and I would make the cutest babies on the planet lol. I would love to have my own little basketball team :P
- The color pink has grown on me (surprise!!!). I know you're probably in shock right now, I can't believe I admitted it! I really don't hate the color anymore as long as it's used in moderation ;)
- I'm a little frightened of all of the challenges I've given myself for the month of may. I'm hoping I won't get burned out, because I'm currently having so much fun with my nail art.
11 Questions from Little Night Flower
1. Which polish in your collection is your favourite?
That' sooooo hard! I suppose it would have to be Zoya Blaze. It's an unbelievably awesome holo. But Color Club Edie and China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy are close competitors.
2. What inspires you?
I get inspired by so many things. Fashion/textiles, music, art, color, nature/life, other bloggers. I created an inspiration folder so that I can keep is all together haha.
3. Which polish would you most like to acquire?
My current lemming is Lime Crime's Peaches <3 Cream *drools*
4. How often do you paint your nails?
I am definitely a daily polisher. Sometimes I'm a triple daily polisher. I'm almost positive that I did 5 different nail art manis on Sunday. After hating them all I opted to do some nail therapy instead lol.
5. What do you like to see in a nail art blog post?
Art. While I look a good swatch session, I'm obsessed with nail art. I like to see someone trying something new. I LOVE adventurous nail bloggers :D
6. How long does it take you to paint your nails?
After nail prep (exfoliating, cuticle pushing, buffing, filing, etc.), actual painting and art take me about 20-30 minutes. 15 mins if I'm doing something simple like polka dots/flowers/stripes.
7. Do you have a favourite brand of nail polish?
China Glaze is a big fave for me. And I absolutely love being a Julep Maven :)
8. Do you prefer bright colours or neutrals for your nails?
The brighter the better for me baby!
9. Do you ever get your nails done in a salon?
I did last June and thoroughly regretted it lol. I'm all about salon pedicures, but they can stay away from my fingers.
10. What is your favourite blog?
Another tough one! I know people have their issues with the major bloggers but I think Chalkboard Nails is wonderful. Her pics are gorgeous, she's really very nice, and she clearly explains the techniques that she uses :)
11. Have you taken part in many nail art challenges?
The Crumpet's Tri Polish Challenge is the first challenge I've ever done :D I plan on doing the Hobby Polish Bloggers challenge along with the TPC for the month of May.
Now for the Nominees...
I've been going to DL since about the age of 6. My mother started working in purchasing for the resort in 1992 and has been trekking her way up the corporate ladder ever since. I have lost count as to how many times I've been. And yet I've never really taken the time to discover the secret magic that's in the park. I stumbled upon this blog and am so thankful for it. My trips to Disneyland are exciting and new again! :)
I've just started following this girl and already I love her! Hahaha ;) Her nail art is so clean, fun and playful. All things I strive for and love to see in other blogs.
Katie runs the greatest fashion blog ever (in my humble opinion haha). She puts together awesome outfit combo's with articles of clothing that would be easy for a working gal to find/purchase. She's also a teacher which I think is just awesome :)
I cannot say enough good things about Brij! Her blog/nail art is fantastic and she's such a sweetie :D She was kind enough to have me as a guest on her blog and I was so thrilled to do it. I loved my correspondences with her. I highly recommend checking her out!
This girls blog is so much fun! Her manis are alway funky and awesome! And I love her blogging style. Her posts are basically bombs of her most recent manis. There's always so much to look at and admire. I love it haha.
This blog has a little bit of everything. Great manis, great product reviews, nail polish hauls and more. I like how thorough her posts are and her photos are lovely. Her most recent post about Nail Care is definitely worth a read.
I am a recent follower of Marianne's (literally just started following this week). I'm loving what I'm seeing. She seems like a very fun girl with a hug love for things polished. I can relate lol ;) I can't wait to see what else she comes up with :)
Another lady that I have recently started following. I discovered her through a Facebook group that we both are apart of, the Hobby Polish Bloggers. I love her sassy spirit and I really enjoy her blog. So glad to have found her!
I don't want to sound like a broken record but... I've recently started following Miss Coco lol. Her manis are lovely, her stash is to die for. I can't wait to delve more into her blog and see the great work she has done :)
You have to see her Sprinkled mani.... Too stinkin' cute!! It's definitely a new fave of mine, All of her nail art that I've seen is super cute and wonderful.
This stiletto-nail rockin' blogger is so much fun to follow :D My favorite thing about her blog? Her pictures! The angles she chooses to shoot are so different, it's awesome :)
And lastly, my questions for the nominees...
- How many polishes do you have in your stash?
- What are your current lemmings/polishes you are dying to have?
- What is your fave type of polish to wear (e.g. glitter, creme, holo, jelly, glass flecked, etc.)?
- What is your favorite nail art technique to do?
- How long have you been painting nails/into nail polish?
- What are some of your favorite blogs to follow?
- Which Summer polishes are you most looking forward to purchasing?
- What is a popular fashion trend that you with would disappear into oblivion?
- What's your favorite TV show?
- What's your favorite movie/
- Do you hate me for nominating you because you'll now have to go thru this time-consuming process yourself?? :P
This was a lot of work, not gonna lie. But I'm so very very thankful for it (thank you Miss Night Flower!). Congrats to the nominees and I hope you all have a loverly day :)
Until next time!