Thursday, December 12, 2013

Brrrrrr... Birch Trees!

Hello, lovelies!

There's only bout a week and a half left of Fall and I feel like Winter is trying to get a head start lol.  It's been in the 30's here in Southern California and hile I'm sure that seems like perfectly fine weather to a lot of you,  we usually don't get below 50 degrees on a bad day.  We're all losing our minds!!  I decided a chilly birch tree design was fitting...

Pure Ice Strapless, birch trees, winter, blue, trees, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used:  Pure Ice - Strapless, Konad - White,  Sinful Colors Nail Art - Time Off

I was inspired by a tutorial that I saw by the lovely Ms. Flight of Whimsy :)  I think she did a beautiful job capturing birch trees on her digits and thought I'd give it a whirl.


I started with a blue base and then painted 3 thin coats of Strapless to get glitter opacity.  In direct light, this glitter shines like a disco Ball and for 2 bucks... it's a steal!  After my polish set a bit, I applied my tree's following the tutorial exaclty.  Lastly, I topcoated with Color Club Clear.  

A very simple and wintery manicure.


Keep yourselves warm and toasty, dolls!

Until next time!

Stef <3

8 comments:

  1. WoW! This is great! Like this mani very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda (nailsbeautiqued)December 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

    Girl, I love this design. I just might try to copy it if it's alright with you and of course I will credit you. They look so real and yes looking at them makes me want to say Brrr!!! I live in Orlando, Florida the temperatre this morning was 62 degrees...perfect weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! The trees are so detailed! I love your base colour too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees look amazing! Makes me feel cold just looking at it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful! I love how you put them on a blue background :-D
    -flight of whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sad i cant get that brand of blue glitter in the UK cos it is such a great blue glitter, and so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete