Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sweet Sally

Hello, dearies!

I have a simple manicure to share with you today.  Surprisingly, as simple as this mani looks, it was a challenge that I took up.  I was determined to make this polish work for me...


Sally Hansen, Petal Pusher, Mint Sorbet, pink, nude, mint, polka dot, accent nail, simple, work appropriate, classy, classic, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Petal Pusher, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear - Mint Sorbet

I have had Petal Pusher in my collection for about 4 or 5 months now and half the bottle is already gone.  You're probably thinking, "Wow! She must really love that polish!".  Nope!  This polish is a pain in the rear-end to apply.  Not only is it thick, leaning towards goopy, it is also very streaky *sigh*.  But I am of the mindset that you can make any polish work, so work work work I did...


First and foremost I have to tell you that I have added polish thinner to my bottle of Petal Pusher to make it more manageable.  I've found that I've had to do it with the majority of the Insta Dri's that I own.

I started with one thin, streaky coat on all of my nails.  I then went back and added a second thicker coat to add coverage/opaqueness.  I then went back over them again with a third thin coat to even out the streaks and color.  With a large dotting tool I added polka dots to my ring finger using Mint Sorbet.  I then top coated with Color Club Clear.


I have to say that I do not hate this polish.  I love the delicate color and  I figured out how to make it work for me so I wouldn't have to throw it in the garbage bin haha.  

I'm curious to know how you ladies have faired with the Insta Dri line of polishes?  Love it or hate it?

Until next time!

Stef <3

8 comments:

  1. Rhonda (nailsbeautiqued)September 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM

    Insta Dri line are pretty thick. I usually use them only for stamping. Turned out super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stinks that Petal Pusher is hard to work with because it looks gorgeous on you. I find the Insta-Dris are streakier, but I've only ever used a yellow, so that may not be the best polish to judge the line by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, it's so delicate and cute! The orange color is so beautiful -- too bad it doesn't apply well :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't thought to use them for stamping, that's a great idea! (Another nail technique I struggle with :\) Thanks for the feedback, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol aren't yellows just the worst to work with! I only have a couple in my collection that are relatively streak-free haha. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails are amazing I really should take care of mine more. I'm not a huge fan of nail polishes but I would love to try and review the Insta Dri line myself! Would appreciate if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think of it. We can follow each other on GFC too if you like :)

    www.hixvoltage.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much Jia! I just checked out your blog and I'm lovin' it :D You can count me now as one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete