Tuesday, February 12, 2013

From Paris, With Love!

Hey there lovelies!

I'm pretty excited about today's mani.  First and foremost, it's not slathered in girly colors hahaha.  But it's also my first attempt at doing a silhouette of the Eiffel Tower :)


Valentine inspired, Valentine's Day, Eiffel Tower, hearts, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Rimmel - Black Satin, Sally Hansen - White On, Revlon - Bubble Gum


I kind of just had this idea in my head about "the city of romance".  Everyone dreams/fantasizes/talks about it but I can truthfully say it's not really my thing.  I'm sure that Paris is great, but Venice stole my heart <3  That being said, looking back on it, I wish I would have executed this a bit better.  Make the second line a bit shorter.  It looks a lot like a Japanese dojo to me lol.


 I added the hearts to tie in the theme (and they smelled wonderful too!).


I was trying to go for edgy-romance.  That's the idea that I had, at least lol.


I'm definitely going to take another crack at the Tower.  At a later date of course :)

Until next time!

Stef

3 comments:

  1. i love this! super cute :) what did you use to do the tower, was it a nail art pen type thing? or did you freehand it? i am definitely nowhere near as talented at painting my nails as you, but i'd like to try this...my fiancee is french, so i think she'd like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya lovely! Thank you so much for your comment :) I used a striping brush and free handed this design. Altho I could totally seen a nail art pen being much more helpful (I honestly didn't think of it! lol). I saw a video on YouTube that recommended placing 1 dot at the top of your tower and 2 dots at the base as a sort of guideline. I hope this was helpful!

      Here's a link to the video :)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ue-hNVRAgU&list=PLHL1kD1GoNTWOiRVXa1NKnA1fnuaAtNz7&index=23

      Delete
    2. thanks for the link! i'm going to give it a try :)

      Delete