Friday, April 26, 2013

Ruffian Mani In Mint

Good morning, dolls!

I'm continuing with the "Mint Manis" today and I've played with a new-to-me technique.  The mint polish I chose this time around is one that I would classify as a true mint polish.  Green and creamy... just how I like 'em :P

Essie, Mint Candy Apple, Ruffian, reverse french, funky french, mint, gold, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
Colors Used: Sally Hansen - Golden-I, Essie - Mint Candy Apple

From what I can gather, the Ruffian mani was created a couple of years ago by the creative team of CND.  They made this mani for the New York Fashion Week Ruffian Fashion Show.  I've noticed it popping up again recently and gaining in popularity, so I thought I'de give it a shot.  


Love the mani, hate the photos lol.  I started with 2 coats of Golden-I.  I then applied Mint Candy Apple with the bottle brush, being sure yo leave a decent amount of gold exposed by my cuticles.  I went back with a nail art brush and swiped the gold polish around the curve so that I would have a clean line.


This is definitely a manicure that I want to do again, it was pretty quick to do.  I found an excellent tutorial by Lacquerized if you would like some visuals :)

Sooooo yea!  Happy Friday hehe.

Until next time!

Stef <3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for explaining the name! I've been trying to find out why it was called that for ages!

    I love these, the effect is subtle but lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was stumped as well! I'd seen so many different names for it. When I stumbled upon Lacquerized's tut, I was thrilled and had to share :)

      Delete
  2. Love the colour combo and you did a great job! It's very clean and chic looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That nit polish was such a pain to work with haha. I was afraid it might look clunky because of the many layers I had to use to keep the streaks away *sigh*. I'm glad you like it :D

      Delete