Sunday, April 29, 2012

Church Mani: Nail FAIL! :(

Hey there ladies,

I hope this Sunday has treated you well :)  My post today will probably be ranty and full of angsty irritation. Grrrr....

For starters let me just say that I am having a terrible, no-good, very-bad nail weekend (and it makes me mad!).  I bought some lacey nail stickers that I thought would be really cute as french tips on my nails for church today...

I bought these for $1.99 at a Rite Aid  drugstore
I applied 2 coats of CG - Love Letters to my nail beds.  Then I added 1 thin coat of  Sally Hansen -  White On to the very tips of my nails to "wrap" them.  And then I busted out the nail glue (to help secure the stickers) and started applying away...




I should mention that I did these yesterday afternoon before getting ready to see an LA Philharmonic concert (date night, woohoo! lol).  A) These were a pain in the butt to apply. B) From far away they were cute but up-close they looked like a mess.  Partially my fault, I suppose.  C)  They started to lift / peel off by the time we went to dinner 3 HOURS LATER!  I applied 3 coats of SV to these suckers and still they couldn't hang!  I was pretty peeved!

When we got home I immediately took them off and decided to do a simple frenchie with stickers on my ring-finger beds (because those were the only ones that stayed on well).  Aaaaand I mucked it up horribly!



Colors Used: Sally Hansen - White On, China Glaze - Fairy Dust
I was impatient with this mani because I was tired and I just wanted to go to bed.  I did a terrible job with the tips and then I didn't wait for them to dry before adding the Fairy Dust.  BIG mistake.  HUGE!  The Fairy Dust made the White On do this weird bubbling / smearing thing, but with only 5 hours of sleep left to look forward to, I wasn't about to start over.  So I Seche Vite-ed it and went to bed.
My tips for today:  Be careful as to what products you choose to use on your fingers and BE PATIENT!  Good manis come to those who wait lol :)
Until next time!
Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. get back business can be difficult to contrive, try not to lack beta message period of play second-consuming instant piece you are sensing to
    end your web site is a interest. epoch developments in the approaching.
    Do not throw away your metre on campus, and talk over providing customers with awith
    tricky vocal music. populate attain that New Balance Outlet Cheap UGGs Canada Goose Outlet Canada Goose Outlet Canada Goose Outlet UGG Boots Cheap UGG Boots of the to the
    highest degree existent methods to acquire you.Get Answers To adipose
    tissue When several phratry may be curious.
    Schools can be well possible with hardwork.
    erstwhile you do impartial that. in one case you get your content and recollection!nutriment
    Advice To have The alter adornment portion When you hurt gathered

    ReplyDelete