Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A 90's Throwback Mani

G'morning ladies (and gents?)!

I wanted to post this mani yesterday but got so caught up with other things that I ran out of time... woops!  But I'm really excited about this one so let's hop to it :D

This mani started as an experimentation with some new striping brushes I picked up on clearance at Target.  I'd been eying Sinful Colors Nail Art stripers for a few weeks now and when I saw that clearance sticker, I snatched some up lol.  Now some pics, then more talk....

Neon yellow, pink, blue, white, nude, 80's, 90's, inspired, nail art, nail design, mani

Colors Used: O.P.I. Barre My Soul, Finger Paints - Inkblot Blue, Sinful Colors - Me First (neon yellow), Sunny Day (neon pink) & Bad Chick (white)


I started with 2 coats of Soul, applied my stripes and use a dotting tool for the dots and hearts.  It didn't take very much time and when I was finished, I laughed at myself because they reminded me so much of those horrid pants people used to wear in the early 90's...


Don't you agree?  Lol.  I topped off my mani with Love & Beauty's Quick Dry Top Coat and I was out the door 10 mins later with no problems :)

The "beauty shot"...


So there you have it, 90's nails (I suppose they could fall into the hot-mess category of the 80's as well lol)

Just a reminder... get those entries in for the giveaway!  It ends this Friday at 12:01 a.m. :)  For those of you who have already entered and shown your support, it means so very much.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Until next time!

Stef <3

P.S. I gave the blog a bit of a face lift :)  What do we think?

1 comment: