Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Nini!!

Yellow!

Today is my darling friend Janina's birthday :)  I am so very happy that she was born hahaha.  She had a party Saturday night and the theme was "Rainbow" ('twas a very colorful time!).  I unfortunately couldn't do my nails like I wanted because I had church the next morning, so I've decided that today, her actual date of birth, I shall rock-the-rainbow.

The mani that I did was inspired by the cloudy/rainbow aluminum water bottle she loves so much (it might still be lost? *tear*)...

Clouds, rainbows, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Sally Hansen - White On, China Glaze - Hey Sailor, Love & Beauty - Orange, Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, Essie - Mojito Madness, Finger Paints - Inkblot Blue, Love & Beauty - Purple, Spoiled - I Have No Reception

Lots of colors!  I'm still getting used to my new camera and I haven quite the right lighting, hence the lack of photos (if I can take some better pics, I'll post them :P).  I started using a dotting tool to draw out my clouds, then I continued with the white down the tip using the polish brush.  With my striper, I applied one color at a time, not worrying about it being perfectly even because rainbows come in all shapes and sizes :)  With the small end of my dotting tool I added glitter (No Reception) to the clouds.  I finished it with L&B Quick Dry Top Coat and that was that.

I immediately texted a photo of the mani to Janina after I finished haha.  Here's hoping she likes it *crosses fingers*


Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo!  You look like a monkey aaaaaaand you smell like one too!!  :P

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was finally able to take the time to read this. And of course. I absolutely adore it! So cute.

    ReplyDelete