Saturday, July 21, 2012

An Apple A Day Or So They Say...

Howdy, howdy, howdy!  Happy Saturday :D

I've been out of the blog-world for a cool minute and I'm feeling at a loss, my busy week making it feel like weeks instead of 2 days lol.  I just need to get back into the swing of things so I'm gonna jump right in :)

I've been having a creative block recently.  My nail art has mainly consisted of stripes and polka-dots for the last couple of weeks and it's been bugging me!  So I decided to paint apples ;)

 Colors Used: China Glaze - Hay Sailor, Sinful Colors - Nirvana, Revlon - Posh, Sally Hansen - White On, Love & Beauty - Silver (holo glitter), Hard Candy - Matte-ly In Love


A lot of polishes for such a simple mani!  Lol.  If I had known the apple was going to turn out so well, I might have done a couple more :\  Overall I'm quite pleased with this mani, tho.  2 coats of sailor on each nail (such an amazing red!!).  I used the chevron/fishtail swooping technique for the apple, then applied the details with a nail art brush.

The glitter and matte topcoat were an afterthought, really.  The mani just seemed a little plain :P  I applied the glitter first, looked at it and decided it was a terrible idea!  Hahaha the glitter was too loud and outshone the apple.  So I subdued it with the matte topcoat :)  Lastly the apple was sealed with Love & Beauty's Quick Dry Top Coat.

Tada!
(please excuse the streak!)

That's all I have to share for now, I hope you have a loverly day :)

Until next time!

Ster <3

No comments:

Post a Comment