Friday, July 6, 2012

Watermelon-Nom-Noms And A Haul :)

I just couldn't stay away!  Hello and happy Friday y'all!  :D

I know that I said I wouldn't post until Saturday... but I'm a big fat liar :P  I did a watermelon mani and decided that I had to share.  I've seen this done on a lot of blogs and it's certainly not an originail idea from me lol.  It just looked fun so I gave it a try :)

Julep Rose, Julep Leah, watermelon, polka dot, summer, summery, nail art, nail design, mani
Colors Used: Julep - Rose, Julep - Leah, Sally Hansen - Green With Envy, Rimmel - Black Satin

2 coats of both Rose and Leah, Envy applied with a striper and I used a dotting tool for the "seeds".  Easy enough, right?  I topped it off with Out the Door.  I was extremely impatient and didn't wait for my polka dot's to set before top coating and I ended up with some streaks *sniff*.  Lesson learned (for now lol).

One more photo...


As you can see, there is some tip wear.  I wasn't planning on posting this mani because it's been done so much.  But I've had it on for a couple of days and I just love them.  So I took pics well after I should have.  Cest la vie!

I also wanted to share my recent polish purchases with you... after the jump!

I haven't been doing a lot of buying recently.  I don't think I've reached the point where I have to own every collection of every polish company that has ever existed (and I'm pretty sure my fiance is hoping that I never will!).  I have so many pretties and no lemmings to speak of at the moment, so Ive been enjoying the stash that I have (I just counted and I'm at 140... shhhhh!  Let's keep it between us!).

But on the past couple of shopping trips with Le Fashionista I've found some things I couldn't leave behind...


 A set of 5 nail art pens (the tops screw off with brush tips to use as well) and a rhinestone wheel.  I found these at Urban Outfitters last weekend.  Love the pens, not sold yet on the rhinestones :\


While out at Forever 21 I found their new base coat and top coat and decided to give then a try.  I spent a lot of money on Nail Envy with no results, so it's back to the grind stone!  I also found a holo glitter that looks really pretty.  I'm excited that my camera picked up the rainbow-y effect :) I stand by my past declaration that Love & Beauty polishes need better names... this is Silver.  BORING!!


While out buying some odds and ends at Wal-Mart with my honey I found these on sale.  Sorbet and Bare Bones.  I've worn Sorbet before when a friend on mine let me borrow it to play.  But when I swatched this bottle onto my color wheel it came out a lot differently than I remembered it being.  Maybe the formula changed?


Lastly, Wal-Mart had Hard Candy polishes on sale.  There was slim pickin's by the time I'd gone thru it, but I found the matte top coat "Matte-ly In Love" and I'm curious to see how it differs from the NYC that I currently have.

Alrighty, I guess that it's from me for now...

Until next time!

Stef <3

No comments:

Post a Comment