Saturday, July 14, 2012

Indian Summer Frenchie


Good morning, all!  I'm excited that it's the weekend, I need the break lol.

I am very sorry that I didn't post last night, like i said I would (I'm such a liar!!).  I was out with some wonderful friends and my honey.  It's been a while since we'd hung out so I was in no hurry to get home.  Hence I was exhausted when I finally was home and I went straight to bed :(  So yea, there's my apology and lame excuse lol.  Moving on!

I've been feeling like I'm in a mani rut for a while.  So I've taken the advice of Shiko (friend and fan) to look at YouTube videos for inspiration.  I came across one that Sephora put up called Indian Summer.  It combines the neon-y purple that's very popular right now with their 24 k gold topcoat (I believe it costs $30).  It's a beautiful combo and I loved it instantly!  I don't like the price of that topcoat however hahaha.  So this is what I came up with...

 Colors Used: Jesse's Girl - Wild Thing, Sally Hansen - Golden-I, Love & Beauty - Gold


I used the same sweeping technique as with the fishtail nails to get the curved tips (Wild Thing).  I then applied Golden-I with a striping brush. The Gold (glitter) was an afterthought that I slapped on at the end hahaha.  This mani was so fun and pretty, I wore it for 3 days *gasp*!  

I hate hate hate that I couldn't get a decent picture of it, so I bought a camera (a Cannon Powershot) first thing after work yesterday :D  But for now you'll have to deal with one more awful-terrible-no-good-very-bad-stupid-cell-phone piktar...

Indian Summer, french tip, frenchie, Jesse's Girl Wild Thing, Sally Hansen Golden-I, nail art, nail design, mani

So there you have it, my twist on an Indian Summer :)

I have a polish haul to share with you if you're interested ;)  After the jump of course!



So, I was out shopping at Ross for bedding, flatware, dinnerware (you know... home-y stuff) with my honey the other night.  I just had to stop at their polish section to see what they had going on, a habit that my dear fiance is very agreeable about (for now lol).  The selection was pretty lack luster and I was about to walk away when I spotted these babies under a pile of junk...


Four Revlon polishes for $6, I couldn't pass them up!  The Craving Coral alone seemed worth the buy and I love it!  I used it earlier this week in my Feelin' Sassy mani/post.  I've swatched the other colors and, while I'm not drooling over them, they will definitely be getting use.  If you have a Ross near you, I highly recommend that you go and check out what they have.  Sometimes it's just junk, but other times you can find some real gem.

That's all for now, I hope you have a marvelous day :)

Until next time!

Stef <3


2 comments: