Friday, March 8, 2013

Kinda Like Jawbreakers

Hey there!

A quick post for y'all because I can't imagine going until Monday without blogging (maybe even Tuesday, as my Monday is starting to look very busy!).  As I mentioned in my last post, I have been planning a fundraiser concert for my chamber choir and have had no time to really do my nails.  I'm rocking a chipped polka-dot mani right now and it hurts... A LOT!  This is the mani I was wearing on Tuesday, I had zero time to do anything creative, so I busted out some glitter...

Essie, Blanc, glitter, jawbreaker, Orly, Sec N Dry, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Essie - Blanc, Love & Beauty - Mardi Gras Glitter

Let me start off by saying this L&B glitter polish does not actually have a name. On the price tag it just says "Multi" and they no longer have it available for purchase on their website.  I call it Mardi Gras so that I can differentiate it between all of the other no name "Multi" glitters I have from them.  I think Forever 21 should get to naming their polishes... just sayin'!


 I had started with a plain white canvas hoping I'd be inspired by something/someone to do something interesting.  Nothing happened lol.  So I just slapped on some glitter before going to work.


I ended up really liking this mani because it reminded me of the Jawbreakers I used to eat (or rather attempt to eat) when I was a kid :)


I feel I should mention that this was the last time I used my Orly Sec' N Dry topcoat.  In my hurry, I forgot to twist the cap closed when I left. When the hubby came home from work he bumped into my nail station and conveniently knocked the bottle into an open polish drawer :(  Thankfully it didn't get on the carpet, but I was one sad lady.  I tweeted about it and Orly replied... #unforgivable.  Lol I'm inclined to agree, but I'll keep him ;)

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. That's really nice! It looks sort of....... edible, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "What a surprisingly toxic after-taste!" Hahaha ;)

      Delete