Monday, March 11, 2013

Purple Bunting for Epilepsy Awareness

Hello dolls!

I am very excited about today's post!  I created a purple mani in support of Epilepsy Awareness Month.  Nail Narcotics is doing a series on her blog to spread the word about this neurological disorder and I'm thrilled to be able to spread it a little bit farther...


Jesse's Girl, Spring Break, Wild Thins, Essie, Lilacism, purple, bunting, spring, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
Colors Used: Jesse's Girl - Spring Break and Wild Thing, Essie - Lilacism, Urban Outfitters - Bandeau


Spring Break is definitely the refreshing color I needed to be rocking today.  I've been looking at my nails all day, smiling like a fool lol.  I've received quite a few compliments on my nails today and it's been a great way for me to spark up a discussion about epilepsy.  Here are some myths/facts about the disorder that Nail Narcotics posted to her blog...

MYTH :You can swallow your tongue while having a seizure.  
FACT:
For those of you who took biology or have a tongue of your own you will notice that its connected to the bottom of your mouth.(if you sense sarcasm its because I'm laying it on pretty thick)
MYTH: People with Epilepsy are disabled
FACT:
 People with Epilepsy have the same range of intelligence and abilities as everyone else.  Physically and mentally we are no different!
MYTH: Epilepsy is a disease
FACT:
 Epilepsy is chronic medical condition. You can not catch it
MYTH:  You can’t die from epilepsy 
FACT:
You can! Prolonged seizures can result in death. 



 To learn more about epilepsy, check out her blog/postsIt's also a great way to get a look at some fabulous purple mani's ;)

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment: